SEO is categorized into two groups: on-page SEO and off-page SEO.
On-page SEO refers to every aspect that involves optimizing web pages for search. The following are part of on-page SEO:
- Quality Content: The more high-quality content you have on your website, the better your chances are of ranking high with search engines. Also, Google loves fresh content. Updating your website with new content shows Google you have an up-to-date site people want to see.
- Keyword Selection and Placement: The keywords you place on each page impacts search result placement. Placing a variety of inter-related keywords in title tags, meta descriptions, meta keywords, headlines, and paragraphs can help you appear in relevant searches.
- Alternative Image Tags: Using ALT value tags to describe images injects them with keywords and helps increase a page’s keyword density.
- Website Speed: Search engines want to provide users with high-quality results and a fast website improves user experience.
- Permanent Redirects: 301 redirects preserve the SEO value of indexed URLs on a previous site.
Off-page SEO refers to online marketing techniques that can improve your website’s rank, which are done outside of your website. This involves link-building or relevant websites pointing to your website. The following are part of off-page SEO:
- Social Media Marketing: Marketing your website on social media can help increase your reach online.
- Content Marketing: A form of marketing focusing on creating, publishing, and distributing valuable content (blog posts, videos, infographics, etc.) online.
- Local SEO: The submission of your website to various local directories, making sure your business information appears in local listings. Mopro offers a Local SEO add-on for $59/month.