The video above demonstrates how you can manage the settings and SEO components of each page.
Managing Page settings
- Click Manage Pages
- Find the page you would like to edit
- Click the cog icon
- Fill out the appropriate fields - see below for comprehensive explanation.
Identifying Page Setting and SEO fields
- Page name: Name of the page that appears externally on the navigation bar
- Link type: How the page links out. There are 4 options:
- Internal link: Links to a page within your site
- External link (New Tab): Links to a page outside of your website that opens in a new tab (recommended external link)
- External link (Same tab): Links to a page outside of your website, directing viewers away from your page
- Dead link: Page does not link anywhere
- SEO title: SEO title tag – should be the same as the Page Name and helps search engines crawl and identify your pages
- Description: This is where you can add a short description about the page that appears in search engine results. This should explain what the content of the page is about.
- Meta keywords: This is where you can input specific keywords relevant to the content that viewers use to search for this page. This will help search engines direct viewers to your site.
- Set as home page: This sets the page as the home page to the site. This is defaulted to No and should only be toggled to Yes if it is the home page.
- Hide from search engines: This hides the page from search engines. This is defaulted to No so that search engines can crawl the site and help strengthen SEO.